Choosing the Right Toothbrush
If you want to keep your teeth healthy and shining you'll need to find the right toothbrush for the job. We spend an average of 4-minutes per day brushing and using the right brush style can maximize cleaning and minimize discomfort. Here's a few tips to get the right brush:
- Get a small brush head - Small brush heads do a better job of reaching molars in the back of your mouth.
- Use soft bristles - Soft bristles do a great job cleaning and avoid making your gums tender.
- Choose a flexible handle - A flexible handle will help you target every area of your mouth.
- Replace your brush every 3 months - Or sooner if you notice wear on the bristles.
- Go electric - Electric toothbrushes, like the Philips Sonicare, use small brush heads, small bristles, and are designed to effectively clean your teeth when used properly. Ask us about how to properly brush with an electric at your next visit.
We give our patients a complimentary new brush at the end of each cleaning. Ask our hygienist for tips about brushing on your next visit. Call us at (763) 540-0101 or message us from our website to make an appointment.